Friday, April 2, 2010

Restaurants in Beijing (Bufett)

Anyone recommend a good quality and decent priced restaurant in Beijing. I am choosing buffet mainly because most of the people in the group are Americans and this way not too many decisions have to be made for orders. I am looking for something around 50 RMB or less range per person. I do like to bring the group to the Acrobat show after, so if it%26#39;s around there, that would be perfect. Thanks for all the comments, much easier with everyone%26#39;s resource here :-)...



Restaurants in Beijing (Bufett)


Buffet restaurants are not really that common in Beijing outside of the hotels.



Restaurants in Beijing (Bufett)


Which district? Any cuisine preference? I could find buffets for %26lt;50 RMB but no guarantees whether they%26#39;ll like the food or not.




Instead of a buffet, why don%26#39;t you choose a nice restaurant and order for your group. The Chinese usually share dishes anyway. Whenever I%26#39;ve eaten with a big group, or on a tour, someone just orders for us and all the dishes come to the table and we all share. Similiar to a buffet. If you have more people than will fit around one big round table, just get two tables and order double of everything. You will be able to control the price this way.




I came across this restaurant and it souded really good. Please let me know if you tried this before :-)...





btmbeijing.com/contents/鈥uxiang




I don%26#39;t know that paticular restaurant, but I%26#39;ll tell you what. I%26#39;ve eaten at so many and I don%26#39;t think I%26#39;ve ever had a bad experience. I might not have like certain dish choices, but I%26#39;ve always enjoyed the overall food experience wherever I%26#39;ve eaten. To me, the food is always good. I%26#39;d pick a restaurant that looks clean and is within your price range and wouldn%26#39;t worry about it! Pick a few dishes that are familiar to Americans and one or two that are slightly unusual. Make sure you choose the toffee sweet potatoes to finish. Everybody loves those, and unlike the Chinese, American usually love to finish the meal with something sweet.



Good luck!




Ellyse: buffets under 50? I%26#39;d like to know more! I can think of two types that weren%26#39;t in hotels:





An all-you-can-eat self-serve hot pot place





A buffet-style rest stop on an expressway outside of Beijing. Actually not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment