Sunday, April 4, 2010

Chengdu Driver/Panda Reserve

Hi all,





Am planning a quick trip to Chengdu from Shanghai, really just to visit the Wolong Panda Reserve over a weekend in April. Any idea how long the flight is from SHanghai to Chengdu and if flights are easy to buy once in Shanghai?





Have read the great posts about the driver/tour guide Mickal and was wondering if anyone has visited the Wolong Reserve recently - am trying to get a gauge on if the roadworks have been completed and how much time to leave for travel. I have no idea what else is in Chengdu so am really wanting to arrive in Chengdu on the Friday night and leave the Saturday to drive and visit the Wolong Reserve and then return to Shanghai on the Sunday. Is this do-able?





What sort of prices am I looking at for a return flight Shanghai/Chengdu/Shanghai; hotel stay for two nights, driver/guide if I am travelling on my own? Also should a female travelling on be concerned for personal safety given I do not speak Chinese?





Thanks for your input and comments.



Chengdu Driver/Panda Reserve


I think he has posted recently that you should allow for 2 days for Chengdu -- Wolong panda reserve -- Chengdu, so unless you have a really long weekend (ie %26gt;2 days) and don%26#39;t mind being tired out, I would advise you to see the pandas at Chengdu panda reserve instead.



Yes, flights for Shanghai -- Chengdu -- Shanghai are pretty easy to buy here.



If you want more information or help with your trip, email me at ellyse99@yahoo.com and put ';TripAdvisor aussie_holiday_girl'; in the subject line. I%26#39;m studying in Shanghai and have travelled extensively in mainland China for the past few years. My friends and I visited Chengdu as our last stop on a 10-day Sichuan trip over October holiday week last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment