Sunday, April 4, 2010

Leaving Hotel at night

I am due to stay at the Pudong Shangri-La Hotel for the second time at the end of the month.



Last time I was there I only ventured around the corner to the Mall near the TV tower.



I will be having meetings during the day, but would like to go to The Bund and shop for some fakes at the markets too.



My question is -- is it safe for a man on his own to wander around armed with credit cards and cash after dark?



Leaving Hotel at night


Good grief, yes, of course!



In the rare possibility that you%26#39;d like to meet up for a chat/tea/meal sometime in Shanghai, email me at ellyse99@yahoo.com (please put ';TripAdvisor charversdad'; in the subject line so that I don%26#39;t junk your email by mistake, thanks); I%26#39;m studying in Shanghai and would be back in town by 26/2 at the very latest.



Leaving Hotel at night


Shanghai is very safe as far as big cities go. The Bund area is very safe at all times. I wander around all over and have never had a problem. I am a Westerner and my Mandarin is limited but have NEVER had a problem anywhere or anytime in Shanghai.




You are so interesting!



definitely yes!!!!



Shanghai is a safe city!




Do not worry. Shanghai is a very safe city compared to other cities in the world. For the last 5 years i have been in shanghai more than 50 times and never had problems (Not even at 3:00 in the morning,



after a couple of drinks, walking through downtown)



From Pudong Shangri La Hotel take the subway to Science and Technology Park. There you will find a fake market (directly at the subway station) Don%26#39;t pay with credit card. Only cash.



At The Bund, many people will offer you copy watches, etc. Don%26#39;t buy them there. If you want relatively good quality, check at the a.m. fake market. Also for cloth, shoes, bags, etc.



Contact %26#39;ellyse%26#39; or %26#39;CuteMinMin%26#39; they know shanghai very well and have posted their replies to you already.

No comments:

Post a Comment