Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hong kong 2 weeks? is it too long?

Hi,



My husband is going to Hong Kong for business and me and my son would like to join him as we%26#39;ve never been to this part of the world.



I was wondering if 2 weeks in Hong Kong is worhing or is too much for one place? I was looking for some trips to Philippines but they are quite expensive considering that this would be in plus of our trip to hong kong.





I found a lot of things to do with my kid but I wonder if there are nice beaches? What kind of sand they have? Are there nice wotels/resorts/clubs where we can just rest for 5 days or so?





Thank you,



RedFox



Hong kong 2 weeks? is it too long?


Hi Redfox,



I%26#39;ve been to Hong Kong twice and altogether spent 8 days there and only managed to see a small part of this fantastic city, you could stay a month and not see everything Hong Kong has to offer. Plus you have all the nearby Islands to visit not to mention Macau. And yes there are lots of great beaches with golden sand to visit.



Hong kong 2 weeks? is it too long?


There are beaches but when are you going ? If u r going soon, it is not advisable due to weather. The beach resorts that will guarantee sun are the ones in South East Asia like Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, etc





2 weeks is a good time to be exploring HK. There are many things to do in HK but if u really want to fly around the region, that can easily be done too with budget airlines like jetstarasia.com and tigerair.com





Good Luck





tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i8229-Hong_Kong鈥?/a>




Hi,



Thank you both of you for your replies.





I am going mid-end of march. In fact my husband will be there starting 17/03 for work and we though that it would be better that me and our son will join him few days later (he has important business meetings there so I don%26#39;t wanna him keep thinking about us...what are we doing, are we ok etc + he%26#39;ll have business dinners so....).





So, I will be in HK on 22/03 and will stay till 31/03. Is the weather nice at this time of the year?





After many research on internet I think that it will be wiser to stay only in HK because we don%26#39;t wanna be too tired by flying all arround. We are travelling from Prague (no direct flights to HK) so 40h fly in 10 days I think it%26#39;s enough!!!!





RedFox




Hi Redfox,



As we are both northern Europeans the weather will be a lot better than we are accustom to, it might rain a bit but should be quite warm so bring an umbrella and leave your overcoat at home you won%26#39;t need it. A light coat or sweater will be enough for the evening. Also it starts to get a bit humid at this time of year.



Hope the 3 of you have a fantastic time,



Billy.



P.S, don%26#39;t forget to visit Disney land Hong Kong.




Hey Thank you BillyBoy,





We will defenetly visit Disney. We know the one in Paris it is fantastic hope the one in HK is same even better.





ps: Czech republic is not really Northen Europe, lol. But it is quite cold in winter, though this year the weather is strange! just 2 days of snow!!!!!





Cheers,



RF




Hi,





If you find it too boring, you can always go to Macau. You can do it as a day trip or as a 2 to 3 -day trip.




I lived in HK and would not say they have nice beaches such as Greece, Phuket etc.





The weather in March is getting humid and hot (and possible rain) so make sure the hotel has a nice pool as good way to finish of the day with a swim.





1 week would be ebough for holiday.........Disneyland in HK is much much smaller than anywhere else and you may be disappointed.




';I lived in HK and would not say they have nice beaches such as Greece, Phuket etc.';







Name me some top tier cities that have world class beaches?.....



HK%26#39;s beaches are actually nice compared to other top cities%26#39;. I don%26#39;t think anyone would be foolish enough to expect beaches (like Greece%26#39;s...Phuket%26#39;s ) from a top tier city.





The reason I am saying this is that I have found the natural side of Hong Kong often get overlooked by others.....or should i say underrated to some extent...

No comments:

Post a Comment