Friday, April 2, 2010

Holiday Inn Temple of Heaven vs. Best Western Premier

Hi! I%26#39;m going to be visiting Beijing in March and will be spending time in the area around the Temple of Heaven (Tiantan). The Holiday Inn Temple of Heaven and the Best Western Premier are the two closest hotels I%26#39;ve found to that area. Can anyone give me any advice as to which one is the best and why?





Thanks!





Kristin



Holiday Inn Temple of Heaven vs. Best Western Premier


I%26#39;ve stayed at the Temple of Heaven several times and I think it is a wonderful hotel for that price range. The breakfast buffet is terrific, with both western and chinese food. Most importantly, they have decent coffee. The room was nice, although the beds are hard. Typical Holiday Inn style, with a Chinese flair. The lobby is grand and the staff is eager to please. There is a little grocery store right around the corner to stock your room with extra water, drinks and snacks. There is a doorman to help you get a taxi and will tell the driver where you want to go.



I stayed there last August and left a very expensive painting in the taxi that took me to the airport. The taxi driver returned it to the hotel and they saved it for me until my next visit several months later. I didn%26#39;t even ask anyone to do that. I figured the painting was long gone. I underestimated my Chinese friends. Just another example of why I love China!


  • dermatologist
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment