Friday, April 2, 2010

Getting to the city from the airport

Hi,





We%26#39;re travelling to China soon and I%26#39;ve just been quoted (by my travel agent) $200 (AUS) to get a car to pick us up from %26amp; drop us off at the airport/hotel in Shanghai.





My preference is always to make our own way, if it is possible, but how difficult is this to do in Shanghai? Its just myself and my husband, we%26#39;re both reasonably travel savvy but we dont speak any Chinese.





Do they have tour buses running regularly from the airport? Are they easy enough to organise once you are there?





Thanks



Getting to the city from the airport


ROFL, that%26#39;s like at least 5-6 times what my regular cabbie would charge for the same!



Which hotel are you staying at? I%26#39;ll be happy to tell you a much more economical way to get there. It%26#39;d also help if you could tell me what time you%26#39;re arriving at Pudong airport, thanks.



Getting to the city from the airport


I thought as such - it did sound very excessive, even if it is a bit of a distance to travel.





I haven%26#39;t confirmed flights or accomodation yet, but I%26#39;ll post again once I have. Thanks!




No problem, just let me know whenever. :)




Take a Taxi. Ask your Hotel to send you their address written in chines (by e-mail or Fax) then nothing can happen.




If you reach Shanghai through Pudong international airport, there are 5 ways to get city



1)Hotel bus:



*The hotel shuttle bus is the non- stop line between hotels in downtown area and Pudong International Airport.



*Interval time of hotel shuttle bus is about 1 hour.



*Inquiry Tel: 68346682 68346864



Here is the hotel name and bus name:



www.shanghaiairport.com/en/pd.jsp鈥?/a>







2) Airport bus Line



Here is the schedule and stops:



www.shanghaiairport.com/en/pd.jsp鈥?/a>







3) maglev train + taxi,



maglev train is 40RMB/person ( show your plane ticket for that day)



Maglev train is from Pudong airport to Maglev Train Station of Longyang Rd (only takes you 15 min)



Then you can take taxi, usually from that station to city center (People%26#39;s square) will cost you 150RMB more or less







4) take taxi from pudong airport:



distance rate for taxi in Shanghai:



0~3 KM: RMB 10



3~10 KM: RMB 2 / KM



Above 10 KM: RMB 3 / KM





4) vehicle rental:



usually is 450-750RMB/8 hours or 100km





Tips:



Try to find the hotel name and destination is Chinese character, put them on the card. Then you can show this card to taxi driver or any Chinese people.





Useful Chinese:



English: I want to go to...



Chinese: wo xiang qu ...



Chinese character: 鎴戞兂鍘?/p>




If you need any help you Shanghai, or have any other question about Shanghai, pls feel free to contact me via email: alexialsk@gmail.com





Have a nice trip!


  • dermatologist
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment