Friday, April 2, 2010

Hong Kong to Hanoi

Hi





I have been looking on the web to see if its possible to travel from HK into Vietnam and havent been very succesful.





Are any of you able to shed some light on this.





I Plan to fly in to HK and then obtain a 30 day tourist visa. Will I be able to do this? If not what visa would i need.





Also It would be helpful if any body knows what modes of transport i Could use to do this trip.





Thank You





Al.



Hong Kong to Hanoi


You%26#39;re missing out on some crucial information.



Yes, of course it%26#39;s possible to travel from Hong Kong to Vietnam.



However are you doing so directly, or via travelling in mainland China?



Are you planning to fly, or go overland?



Are you asking about 30-day tourist visa for mainland China, or Hong Kong? I think you can get a visa for Hong Kong directly when you arrive but you%26#39;ll need to arrange for a Chinese visa in advance if you plan to go into mainland China. That can be done at the embassy in London or through a visa company in Hong Kong. I would probably choose to take care of it in London before you leave so that you don%26#39;t have to bother about it on the road.



Hong Kong to Hanoi


Hi





Thank you for your fast reply.





Yes I am planning to do this route by land (train/bus). With the visa I am hoping to get a visa for main land China while im in HK. I am unable to get it here in London because I am going to be in the Philippines for 3 months before I do this trip.





Are you able to tell me the names of the cities/towns on the border China/Vietnam.




In case you want a recommendation for a visa agent in Hong Kong, try Forever Bright (http://www.fbt-chinavisa.com.hk).



Take a train/bus Hong Kong -- Guangzhou, another train Guangzhou -- Nanning and if you manage to catch the twice-weekly, Nanning -- Hanoi train. Or if you don%26#39;t, train Nanning -- Pingxiang, make your way to the Friendship Pass, then bus/taxi to Hanoi (the former through Lang Son).




Thank You for all the info.





1 last thing I%26#39;m hoping you can help me with. When I arrive from the Philippines into HK I%26#39;m not going to have any onward flights booked as Ill be going over land into Vietnam. Is this going to be a problem when i apply for the visa for China.




Nope.


  • cartridge
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment