Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Pudong Airport - Meeting point

Next week I%26#39;m meeting a possible supplier in Shanghai, but since my agenda is so full and I don%26#39;t want to risk missing my PVG-HKG and HKG-TPE flights of later that day, I was thinking of meeting this person at Pudong Airport.





We don%26#39;t know each other, and PVG is massive. Can you suggest an easy-to-find meeting point? It should be near the boarding gate for my flight to Hong Kong with Dragonair.





Thanks in advance!



Pudong Airport - Meeting point


It won%26#39;t be near the flight boarding gate by any shot since Shanghai -- Hong Kong is an international flight and you%26#39;ll need to go through immigration and customs. You%26#39;ll have to meet somewhere before the immigration area.



Pudong Airport - Meeting point


Yes, I was thinking about some easily recognisable place before immigration. In Barcelona, for example, there%26#39;s a big statue by Botero, and it%26#39;s a common meeting place among travelers.




Try to meet your friend in KFC .There is only one KFC.




There IS only 1 KFC, but I can%26#39;t imagine that being easy for travellers to find unless they happen to be taking the Maglev.



I think telling him to meet you at a certain door or check-in row number would be better. Although I%26#39;m familiar with Pudong airport I can%26#39;t think of any prominent meeting point on the departures concourse.




If you come out through immigration (as long as you have a Visa for China) go onto 2nd floor. There are 3 coffee shops called Hope Star (They have signs with International, Middle and Domestic) Just ask your supplier to meet you at the Hope Star, International which is right above the exit of international arrivals on 2nd. floor. Once he arrives there, ask him to call you on your mobile phone for identification




I%26#39;ll talk to the supplier and will let him choose the place he knows best among these.





Thank you all for your suggestions!


  • dermatologist
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment