Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Lijiang or Pingyao?

Hello,





I need your help. I will do a long trip to China next summer which will include Beijing, Xian Chengdu, Leshan, Dazu, Yangtze Cruise, Lhasa, Guilin, Hong Kong and Shanghai.





Also, I have time to visit Datong (Yungang Caves, Hanging Temple and Wood Pagoda) and Pingyao or Lijiang.





Can anybody help me to decide which place to go?





Thanks.



Lijiang or Pingyao?


Best advice you%26#39;ll ever get: Skip the darned 3 Gorges cruise and you%26#39;ll have enough time to do both Lijiang and Datong + Pingyao.



Lijiang or Pingyao?


Ellyse,





Thank you for your recommendation. However, why you think that of the Three Gorges Cruise? To tell you the true, I started my trip to China after planning a cruise by the Yangtze.





Do you know something about Sinotour? I%26#39;m doing all the trip with them.





Thanks,





Kartikmexico.




Pingyao will be less out of the way for you. I think Lijiang is the nicer of the two, even though it is even more overrun with tourists than Pingyao.





It is nice to get out of Pingyao to visit one of the big family mansions like Da Wang Jia Yuan.





Around Lijiang it is also nice to visit some of the surrounding villages and perhaps go for a hike.








It%26#39;s not all that it%26#39;s cracked up to be. Simply put it was a royal waste of time and money. If you%26#39;ll email me at ellyse99@yahoo.com I%26#39;ll be happy to give you more details and candid photos taken from my 3 Gorges cruise trip in mid-Jan (last month) -- please put ';TripAdvisor kartikmexico'; so that I don%26#39;t junk your email by mistake, thanks.



Sorry, don%26#39;t know about that tour company.




I%26#39;m not a local expert (not being Chinese) but I have been living for 2 years in Shanghai ( and travelling round China with my family).





I think Lijiang was a bit disappointing. Full of tourists and tourist shops that all sell the same things...





I would go for Datong and Pingyao.





As for the 3 gorges cruise , I haven%26#39;t been on it but heard it can be a bit boring...




Thank you for your help. I already decided to go to Datong and Pingyao. I still don%26#39;t know what to do with the 3 Gorges Cruise, but I will have to decide that in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment