Sunday, March 28, 2010

luggage storage

I%26#39;ve read about luggage storage at the Beijing airport and train station. Is this standard in the large cities like: Xian, Chongqing, Lhasa, Guilin??



At the airports? Or train stations? or both?



luggage storage


What%26#39;s the standard that you%26#39;ve been hearing about?



And yes luggage storage has been the same everywhere I%26#39;ve been so far in mainland China.



luggage storage


I meant is it offered everywhere as in a widespread practice.



Thank you for your helpfull reply.



It is available at both airports and train stations?



Is it lockers? or a big room that can hold large luggage that might not fit in a locker?




Lockers are sometimes available, but the luggage check rooms are in all of the stations and airports.




Thank you for this information!!!




Yes, these are common at airports, train stations and also long-distance bus stations throughout China.



I would describe them as cloakrooms with attendants to watch over your bags. Lockers are the exceptions rather than the norm.




you are both so helpfull. We are lucky to have your help and adxice. The same with many others as well.



I have learned so much that we are doing our 24 day 6 city trip on our own!!




sndovale





I see the luggage storage facilities offered at the various airports and train stations as a temporary means of getting rid of that weight however I would suggest that in all cases storage in your hotel is a way better option.





Congratulations on travelling without a travel company and I will say that apart from some minor difficulties I think you will cope because all of the destinations you have chosen experience tourist traffic. I would however invest in a Lonely Planet or equivalent to help you over some of the bumps.





Some other items I suggest you bring from home Chinese menu in Mandarin and English, insect repellant, sunscreen.





I will include a Hotel in Beijing which is economically priced, well situated near a subway making travelling around Beijing easier and has a lot of western travellers there. Accomodation is available from private hotel rooms to dorm accomodation and overall is a reasonable place to stay dont let the youth heading put you off the age group of the travellers here is fro 18 to 60 asiarooms.com/china/beijing/feiying_internat鈥?/a>





Another bonus about the Feiying is that the volume of travellers through here going to the same places you intend to visit will allow you to preview a destination and the hotel will assist you to get train or plane bookings. I always stay in the Hotel section but I spend most of my time in the lobby or the backpackers kitchen and lounge drinking and talking, getting ideas and a different perspective on various destinations.





I can help with any information you require regarding Yangshuo and Guilin and I have several posts on these areas which you may like to read. I will send you some pictures of this area if you wish and they may help you form an iteninary for this area please contact me on pwintle00@hotmail.com





Lucky Aussie

No comments:

Post a Comment