Sunday, March 28, 2010

Dimsums and desserts:):):) Thank you!

I%26#39;m sorry for asking so many questions but we%26#39;ll be visiting Hong Kong again very soon and I just like to know where are the good places to eat;





- dimsums



- desserts



- noodles



- Thai food





Thank you very much for your replies:)



Dimsums and desserts:):):) Thank you!


For excellent Dim Sum, try Zi Xing Xuan on Sharp Street East, Causeway Bay. It%26#39;s behind Lane Crawford Times Square. Go up the escalator that leads into the Holiday Inn Express then take the elevator to the 2nd Floor. You won%26#39;t be disappointed.



Dimsums and desserts:):):) Thank you!


if you%26#39;re into desserts, I just got back from a quick Hong Kong vacation last week, and like most of my HK travels, it’s basically a food trip! I%26#39;ve learned a lot of good stuff that we%26#39;d normally ignore when going to Hong Kong (well, will write a lengthy one on that soon), thanks to the Hong Kong experts of course for all the tips!



Anyway, check out Honeymoon Desserts. They have hot and cold desserts. Thanks to the posts, I found this rather inexpensive dessert fix easily! My first taste was at their new branch in Ngong Ping theme village after the 25minute cable car ride. Its just there located in those rows of restos.





You%26#39;d love their mango pancake (thin layer of mango folded around a heavenly pillow of cream, containing a fresh piece of mango within), and if you%26#39;re the adventurous type like me, the durian pancake! Heaven! I may be crazy, but yes, I brought home to Manila 8 mango and 8 durian pancakes in a cooler, checked in!



Their main branch is in Sai Kung; too bad I wasn’t able to visit the place.





In case you%26#39;re staying in Tsimshatsui, I easily found two branches close by! (We stayed at the Kowloon Hotel behind YMCA and the Pen). There%26#39;s a branch at the basement of Silvercord, and there’s one also at the food court in level 3 of Harbour City - the one near City super (note: might as well check out those Royce Japanese chocolates!). I also went to Times Square in Causeway Bay, and found one in the basement. During our quick shopping stop in Mongkok, there%26#39;s another one in Langham Place! :) They have a lot of simple looking desserts, but they taste really good.





Another must dessert stop for you if you like those hot and cold types would be Hui Lau Shan. For more than a year, my visits to Hong Kong (and in a slightly more expensive Singapore outlet) aren’t complete without a stop at this highly addicting dessert place. They have different kinds of fruit desserts, and/on fruit shakes, some with sago (tapioca), or birds nest, or plain but yummy fruit juice with one or more flavors, beautifully prepared. There%26#39;s one right at the arrival area beside a ramen shop, just near the middle escalator between halls A and B at the airport. We ate there upon arrival at about 11am as soon as we got out, and then on our way home, after checking in our luggage at the airport express counter in Kowloon, we had a quick stop again at the arrival hall before going up to the departure area. I miss it already. In TST, they have a branch near Silvercord too, though a rather busy one.



I went there for take out and ate the stuff during my last night while packing my things.





Anyway, just two options for your quick dessert fix. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment