Monday, December 12, 2011

Ikea

Hi all!



I%26#39;m travelling to HK next week and a friend needed something from IKEA. I remember going to an IKEA branch in Mongkok several years back. I was preparing my printout of addresses in Chinese (for the cabs) for my travel next week and after checking IKEA%26#39;s website, there isnt any address for a Mongkok branch.



Is it gone/closed?!



If yes, which store is closest or most accessible if I%26#39;m staying at the Kowloon Hotel?





Ikea


You can either go to:





1. Kowloon Bay store at Telford Plaza, just take the MTR to Kowloon Bay





www.ikea.com.hk/locator/kowloonbay.html





2. Causeway Bay store at Great George Street next to the side entrance of Park Lane Hotel. You can take the MTR to Causeway Bay.





www.ikea.com.hk/locator/causeway_bay.html



Ikea


Thanks again sammy!




There si IKEA in Shatin as well, near New Town Plaza, just take off the train in Shatin Sattion and walk about 5 minutes




Thanks everyone! I finally got to check their website - so there are three branches and the warehouse.





Given the three branches - (Causeway, Shatin, Kowloon Bay), which of three is the most accessible from Kowloon Hotel - like the closest from TST and the least walk from the MTR station closest to each of these branches? (If this was a part of the Amazing Race, which branch will you choose to reach the fastest and with ease considering an MTR ride from TST and walking...)





I%26#39;m just squeezing some shopping into my brief vacation and sightseeing so I plan to do this during the store%26#39;s last two hours before closing. :o




I would say Causeway Bay is the best location because it%26#39;s in the middle of shopping heaven. Even though it%26#39;s across the harbour on the Island side, it%26#39;s not really any further than Kowloon Bay. Therefore, by going to the Causeway Bay location, you can plan nice shopping trip. I also highly recommend that you do this on a weekday when it%26#39;s much less crowded.




Thanks again Sammy!





Am flying in on Friday and as usual, TA has been a big help in planning the ';specifics'; of my travel.





Will be doing Ngong Ping upon arrival and do my regular Hong Kong shopping on Saturday and Sunday, with the planned food trips!





Thanks and Happy New Year to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment