Wednesday, December 7, 2011

2 day guide for solo female backpacker

I%26#39;m stopping off in Hong Kong on my way to New Zealand. I%26#39;m due to arrive in Hong Kong late afternoon 16th April, leaving for NZ in the evening 18th April and I%26#39;m staying at the YMCA Salisbury Hotel. But I%26#39;m completely lost about how to spend my short period of time in HK despite having a guide book.





1. Could you give me a rough itinerary of what to do? Taking in mind that I%26#39;m a student who doesn%26#39;t want to go anywhere too expensive.





2. I really want to go to Lantau Island to see the monastery and Big Buddha. However, I%26#39;m really confused about how to get there and back from my hotel/Kowloon. Could you tell me what the easiest way is? Or is it better I just go on a tour there?





I%26#39;m really excited about going to Hong Kong and my trip would just be perfect if you could help me out with these questions.





Appreciate your help very much, thank you!



2 day guide for solo female backpacker


I guess you are confused about to get to Lantau Island because some advices are for getting between hotel and Lantau while some advices are for getting between airport and Lantau. Since Lantau is near the airport, some people would visit Lantau on the day of arrival or on the day of departure.



Basically, between hotel and Lantau, take MTR trains to Tung Chung Station. If between airport and Lantau, take bus S1 to Tung Chung. No matter from where, once you arrived at Tung Chung, you can either take the cable car or bus 23 to the Big Buddha and Po Lin Monastery. Going by yourselves is easy, no need to join a tour.



On day of arrival, you can check out Ladies Market and Temple Street night market, and enjoy the promenade near your hotel. Next day, take a ferry to Hong Kong Island, take a double decker tram and see Hong Kong Island, alight anywhere you find interesting. And go to Victoria Peak at dusk to enjoy the views. On the day of departure, you can go to Lantau, start going early, say 9am, it is a long way to get there. Buddha close at 6pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment